Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Sabbatical

I realized the other day how long it has been since we last posted an entry on our blog.  Our sabbatical was for good reason though.  Zack finished school and we moved up to Idaho to live with his parents until he enters active duty in December.  Although we certainly miss Provo, we weren't completely sad to leave because we will be back in August for Graduation and Commissioning.

The highlight from the last week though was Mitchel's excitement in being able to ride in the moving truck with Daddy.  I cannot begin to describe how he would light up and how animated he would become in telling me the stories of his trip with Daddy.  I know that he will cherish that time with his Dad and even though he might not remember it, his Dad sure will.


A piece of advice to anyone that is moving in the near future though: Penske is a great moving company!  We originally were going to rent a Uhaul truck just because that is the first company I think of when moving.  However, my best friend was telling me that when her sister-in-law  used Uhaul, it almost broke down on them a couple of times.  I asked for a free quote from Penske online and then when someone followed up with me, I received a discount of almost $75.  We didn't have any problems with the truck and it was unlimited mileage!

On the other hand, we are settled in Idaho, enjoying the different scenery and enjoying our time with family!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

We used Penske when we moved from Indiana to New York, and we also have nothing but good things to say. Well, let me clarify...Penske's great; moving...not so much. Have fun in Idaho!

Lesley said...

Idaho is one of my favorite places on earth. I hope you have a wonderful visit!

Vicky said...

That's good to know since we're using Penske, too. Uhaul turned out to be a lot more expesive for us! Mitchell looks great in the moving truck! What a fun experience for him.

Emily Ruth said...

Amy! Emily (Moody) Childers here. I'm so glad I found you: ) Your family is adorable and I'm happy to hear everything is going so well. I'm jealous you are in Idaho this time of year. My mom lives up there and I crave visiting in the summers. I love your blog and look forward to all the updates!
~Em

Emily Ruth said...

P.S.--can I add you to my blog-roll?
~Em

Dennis & Tara Larson said...

Hey guys! Its been a while. Check out our blog and keep in touch this time, we miss you in Chicago.
Dennis & Tara

www.larsonschicago.blogspot.com

Jeni Everett said...

I did not realize that you were moving that fast! What an adventure. Good for you! Once you get settled let me know how you are doing.